Thank you for your interest in our website www.eukalin.de and in our company, products and services. We are aware that the protection of your privacy is an important matter to you when using our websites. Therefore, it goes without saying that we comply with the legal regulations on data protection. Furthermore, it is important to us that you as a customer always know when and how we collect and store which data from you and how we use it. In the following we inform you about the collection and other processing (e.g. storage, retrieval, modification, transfer) of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
If we process personal data within the framework of the use of our website or if we make use of commissioned service providers for individual functions, offers or services of our website with reference to data processing or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes, in particular which data are processed here. We also specify the intended storage period or in any case the defined criteria for the storage period and the relevant legal basis for the respective processing.
I. Name and address of the person responsible
The person responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the Member States as well as other data protection regulations is:
EUKALIN Spezial-Klebstoff Fabrik GmbH
D – 52249 Eschweiler
Telephone: +49 2403 6450-5115
Facsimile: +49 2403 6450-26
II. Name and address of the data protection officer
You can reach our data protection officer at or our above-mentioned postal address with the addition “The data protection officer”.
III. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type, purpose, legal basis and duration of their use
§ 1 When visiting the website
When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal access data in so-called server log files that your browser transmits to our server. The following data is collected within the framework of the server log files:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access Status/HTTP Status Code
- the amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
This data is evaluated and subsequently discarded exclusively to ensure trouble-free operation of the site with regard to stability and security and to improve our offer. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 S.1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the aforementioned purposes for data collection.
The data is also stored in the log files of our hosting provider’s system (wst|media, D-Düren). This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user. This data is automatically deleted after 3 days.
The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on the part of the user.
§ 1 Scope of data processing
In order to make your visit to our website user-friendly and effective and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files which are stored on your device and which store certain settings and data for exchange with our system via your browser. Through cookies, certain information flows to the place that places the cookie (here through us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer.
Cookies do not contain any personal data and can therefore not be directly assigned to any user. Please note that certain cookies are set as soon as you enter our website. This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Necessary/ Functional cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the operation of our website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into the customer area or add something to your shopping basket.
- Transient cookies: These are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies: These are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies from some of our advertising partners help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this reason, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website. These are temporary cookies that automatically delete themselves after the specified time. Cookies from partner companies are usually deleted after a few days or up to 24 months, in some cases even after several years. Cookies of our partner companies do not contain any personal data either. Pseudonym data is only collected under a user ID. This pseudonymous data will never be combined with your personal data.
V. Your rights
If your personal data is processed, you have the following rights towards us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
Right to information, Art. 15 GDPR:
You can ask the person responsible to confirm whether personal data concerning you will be processed by him or her.
If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from the person responsible:
- the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or are still being disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations; in the latter cases you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees in accordance with Article 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer;
- the planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period;
- the existence of a right to have your personal data concerning you corrected or deleted, a right to have processing by the person responsible restricted or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data is not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and – at least in these cases – meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
Right to correction, Art. 16 GDPR:
You have a right of rectification and/or completion towards the person responsible if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete. The person responsible shall make the correction without delay.
Right to cancellation, Art. 17 GDPR:
a) Deletion duty
You may request the person responsible to delete the personal data relating to you without delay and the person responsible is obliged to delete this data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent, on which the processing was based according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You file an objection against the processing according to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR (cf. item VI) and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you file an objection against the processing according to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR.
- The personal data concerning you has been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data concerning you is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the person responsible is subjected to.
- The personal data concerning you has been collected in relation to information society services offered according to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
b) Information to third parties
If the person responsible has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged to delete it according to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data processors who process the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to cancellation does not exist if the processing is necessary
- to exercise freedom of expression and information;
- for the fulfillment of a legal obligation required for processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the person responsible is subject to or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority transferred to the person responsible;
- for reasons of public interest in the field of public health according to Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h and i and Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes according to Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the law referred to under a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the realisation of the objectives of such processing, or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to limitation of processing, Art. 18 GDPR:
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted:
- if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period of time that enables the person responsible to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
- the person responsible no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you do need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you have filed an objection to the processing according to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR (cf. item VI) and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may only be processed – apart from being stored – with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If you have obtained a processing restriction in accordance with the above conditions, you will be informed by the person responsible before the restriction is lifted.
Right to information, Art. 19 GDPR:
If you have exercised your right to have the person responsible correct, delete or limit the processing, he/she is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
The person responsible shall have the right to be informed of such recipients.
Right to data transferability, Art. 20 GDPR:
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the person responsible in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to pass this data on to another person responsible without obstruction by the person responsible to whom the personal data was provided, provided that
- processing is based on consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR and
- processing is carried out using automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from one person responsible to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this. Your right to cancellation remains unaffected.
The right to transferability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority transferred to the person responsible.
Right to objection, Art. 21 GDPR
Right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent:
You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please note that the revocation will only take effect in the future. The legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation is not affected.
Automated decision in individual cases including profiling, Art. 22 GDPR:
S You have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing – including profiling – that has legal effect against you or significantly impairs you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision
(1) is necessary for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract between you and the person responsible,
(2) is admissible by law of the Union or of the Member States to which the person responsible is subject to and that law contains appropriate measures to protect your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests, or
(3) with your express consent.
In cases (1) and (3), the person responsible takes reasonable measures to protect your rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the person responsible, to state his own position and to challenge the decision.
Furthermore, decisions based exclusively on automated processing may not be based on special categories of personal data according to Art. 9 para. 1 GDPR, unless Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a or g GDPR applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
Right of appeal with a supervisory authority, Art. 77 GDPR:
You also have the right to appeal to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data. You can direct your appeal to the supervisory authority in the Member State where you reside, work or suspected infringement. The supervisory authority to which the appeal was directed informs you as the complainant about the status and the results of the appeal, including the possibility of a legal remedy under Article 78 GDPR.
VI. Right to objection according to Art. 21 GDPR
Right to objection in individual cases:
You have the right to object at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation to the processing of personal data relating to you, on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (data processing to protect the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party); this also applies to profiling based on these regulations. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to object to the processing of data for advertising purposes
In individual cases we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, provided that it is associated with such direct advertising. If you object to the processing for direct advertising purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection in the above cases can be made form-free and should be addressed by telephone or, if possible, by email with the subject “objection” to:
EUKALIN SPEZIAL-KLEBSTOFF FABRIK GMBH, Ernst-Abbe-Str. 10, D – 52249 Eschweiler
Telephone: +49 2403 6450-0
VII. Data integrity
We endeavour to store your personal data by using all technical and organisational means in such a way that they are not accessible to third parties. When communicating by e-mail, we cannot guarantee complete data security, so we recommend that you send confidential information by post.